Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Training for 12km

One part of my life at the moment is that I am training for the City to Bay fun run in just over a month.

I'll be walking 12km on the day, and I'm pretty excited about it.

The last few days I've been struggling with motivation to get out and walk.  Not because I don't enjoy it.  I really do.  The problem is the mindset I've been holding that says it's too hard and I can't do it, or it's too much, I need to clean the house first before I deserve to go out... (what the heck?! The house will always need more cleaning.)

Tonight though, I beat previous times, ran more than I previously have been able to do, and worked up a good sweat in my 40 minutes.  And I loved it.

Makes me wonder if a big part of the barrier we have between us and "healthy life" is the mindsets we've had.  We might know it's not true, but we still subconsciously revert to it unless we train our minds to form new neurological pathways.

Yesterday I had to remind myself that even if I couldn't manage my 40 minutes training I could have a short walk, and that would still be assisting me.  Sometimes that's what it comes down to.  Keep trying, because eventually you'll get there.

I have some star sticky notes. (So much cooler than plain ones!)  I think I'm going to give myself one tonight!  :)  "You did it!"Yay!

Oh, and I think I may need to invest in a size smaller pants.  Holding your gym pants (up) that are supposed to hug you while you try to run is not cool.





No comments:

Post a Comment